Cleaning up a few left over shots from 2013…We loved the Budapest Opera House. Unfortunately we weren’t able to enjoy a performance. (I’m more of a ballet fan anyway.) Next time.
No special effects here. Just used Lightroom to lighten up the shadows and darken the highlights of the direct lights on and below the stairway. I used the Nikon D800E and a slow shutter speed, ISO 800, f/2.8, 1/50 second exposure. I left the warm tones of the incandescent lighting untouched.
For more info about the equipment and software I use, see this page.
You can buy prints of my photos on my Smugmug page.
More from Travel Past 50
- The Hungarian Parliament Building, Budapest
- Chapel, Matthias Church, Budapest, Hungary
- Night View of the Danube, Budapest, Hungary
- Chain Bridge, Budapest, Hungary, Another View
- The Danube River, Budapest, Hungary
- The Circus, Budapest, Hungary