Join Tom on a People to People Tour to Cuba
Limited to 6-11 Participants
Tom will be leading a trip to Cuba beginning March 9, 2018.
We will be going on an officially sanctioned (for you United States citizens) People to People tour to Havana, Viñales, and Trinidad. We’ll be staying in a hotel in Havana and in private homes in Viñales and Trinidad. Transportation will be by bus between the cities.
Included are all accommodations in Cuba, group transportation within Cuba, airport transfers in Havana, tips for local guides and drivers, almost all meals, necessary documentation, Cuban health insurance while in Cuba for those 79 years and younger, plus more.
And, every day, Tom will lead a session on how to get the most out of yourself and your camera while you’re on tour. Topics will be relevant to abject beginners all the way to seasoned enthusiasts. No previous photography knowledge is required. We’ll cover topics relevant to phone photographers as well as those who will be carrying professional level equipment. As part of the pre tour preparation, Tom will be providing loads of info on various photography tricks and techniques.
The Program Includes (exact details subject to change)
- Experienced Cuban bilingual guide
- Extensive pre-tour orientation materials
- People-to-People exchanges with local Cubans.
- Certification of travel to Cuba under the U.S. Department of Treasury general license
- Medical insurance while in Cuba for those 79 years of age and younger (subject to change).
- Accommodations at the Hotel Presidente (or similar) in Havana.
- Accommodations at well located private homes in Viñales and Trinidad.
- Breakfast daily and most other meals.
- All entrance fees to include events and activities
- Clean drinking water available at all times
- Classic 1950s American car transportation and regular taxi transport as indicated
- Gratuities for specialized guides and presenters, luggage handling, restaurant staff, and
activities throughout tour
Programs Do Not Include
- Airfare to and from Havana from your home airport.
- Cuban Tourist visa fee (you’ll buy this from your airline when you check in for Cuba.)
- Accommodations in the US the night before the program start date, if needed.
- Guide gratuities (all gratuities for servers, bellhops, and others who help us during our tour are included)
- Items of a personal nature such as, but not limited to, necessary baggage fees, laundry, Internet access, souvenirs, telephone calls, additional tips, alcoholic beverages, and other items not specifically outlined as included in the Itinerary.
Here’s a link to a complete, day by day, itinerary. Cuba Itinerary, March 2018
And here’s a link to all our blog posts about our trips to Cuba.
The trip runs from March 9 – 17, 2018 (you’ll need to arrive in Havana on March 9, which may mean, according to your own airline reservations, that you may have to fly to your jumping off point on March 8.)
The trip is NOT A GO until we have a minimum number of participants (6.) DO NOT MAKE ANY NON CANCELLABLE RESERVATIONS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE NOTICE FROM US THAT THE TRIP IS A GO.
Deadline to register is January 20, so you’ll have plenty of time to make flight arrangements once the trip is a go.
The cost for each participant is:
Before January 1, 2018 we are offering a $300 discount to $4199 per person. After January 1, if there are any places left the prices will be as below.
$4,499 per person, double occupancy. (Please add $495 for single supplement if you’d like your own room throughout the program. NOTE: availability of single rooms is very limited.).
If the tour does not fill, you’ll get a prompt and full refund.
For More Information and to Register
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (email email@example.com to request an invoice) or you can mail a check.
If you want to pay by check, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the mailing address.
Paying by check affords a $100 per person discount. We’ll send you all the details if you’ll contact us at the email address above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation and Terms & Conditions Forms, plus image of valid passport and payment in full, have been received.