We read a lot, and a lot of what we read is on the Internet. (What a surprise!) Here are some of our favorite blogs. Not everything is about travel. But travel, apparently, can be about everything. Here's our list of Best Travel Blogs.
Our Favorite Travel Blogs
- Everything Everywhere – This, perhaps, is the granddaddy of travel blogs. Gary Arndt is an old friend of ours and has been at this for more than 10 years. He's a piquant essayist, a constant traveler, and multiple Photographer of the Year from various organizations. Lots of info, insight, and images here.
- Hecktic Travels – Pete and Dalene Heck are National Geographic Travelers of the Year, but we like them because they're really beautiful people. And, they produce some lovely photos and essays. Pete's also a gourmet cook, although we haven't been over to the house for dinner yet.
- The Insatiable Traveler – New Yorker Susan Portnoy just flat out produces gorgeous photographs whether she's strolling Coney Island or on safari in Mongolia and Africa. And, on her blog she's also nice enough to share many of her valuable tips on shooting.
- Ottsworld – Sherry Ott is a corporate runaway who has been to all seven continents and specializes in solo women's travel to really bad ass places such as Siberia, Mongolia, Antarctica, and Omaha.
- The Planet D – Dave and Deb have pretty much been everywhere and brought back tons of award winning photography, video, and tips. And, they're just lots of fun to hang out with, too.
- Divergent Travelers – Dave and Lina are pretty much our adventure travel heroes. They're currently on a quest to do the top 100 adventure travel destinations. I'm sure they're going to make it. One time, when we were traveling together on a boat in Spain, Dave asked to stop the boat so he could jump off the bridge we'd just passed under…if that gives you any idea of what these two are about.
- Travel Past 50 That's us. We specialize in culture, history, museums, Unesco World Heritage sites, United States National Parks, travel photography, and the occasional restaurant.
When you’re thinking of traveling, your first stop should be our Travel Resources page, where we list all the essentials you need to make your travels easier, cheaper, safer, and more fun.
You can also help yourself get ready for your travels by reading our Get Started Planning Your Trip Now page.
We love traveling–with the right gear. We've gathered a lot of the stuff we use to make travel more pleasant and efficient all on one page. Shop our Travel Past 50 Amazon page to find our favorite gear. If you purchase something from the store, Travel Past 50, as an Amazon affiliate, may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thanks.
We never leave home without our travel insurance. Nor should you. Search for the travel insurance from Allianz that best meets your needs, whether it be an annual plan or a single trip.
You can see (and buy prints) of most of our travel photos in one place on this page.
Note: This post and other posts on TravelPast50.com may contain paid or affiliate advertising links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.